Peace

Today I am at peace.
It doesn't happen very often and that's my fault.  I don't deal well with stress.  Instead of turning to the gracious God who loves me and has a plan for my talents and my life, I try to outwork the stress.  I fill my life with doing so I don't have to deal with all the emotions I'm afraid I'll drown in.  If I work hard enough and fast enough, eventually I'll get past the daily grind and my fears of inadequacy and the unpleasant fact of how much I've come to hate my job and the gradually growing panic about what the rest of my life is supposed to be.
Today the air is cool and the woods around our house are that exquisite stained-glass shade of green that I love.  I was absurdly productive yesterday and now I'm happy to just rest in His presence and breathe.   I feel like I'm healing one day at a time and that's all I need.
You will keep him in perfect peace,
Whose mind is stayed on You,
Because he trusts in You.
Isaiah 26:3 NKJV

Comments